With summer picking up momentum, it’s only a matter of time before weekend barbecues are in full swing. When you aren’t in the mood to start up the grill (or cross the bridge into Seattle for Dick’s), there are plenty of delicious burger joints in the Bellevue area for you to get your fix. Below, we’ve pulled together a list of three hot-spots to grab a mouthwatering burger, all close to AMLI’s downtown Bellevue apartments.
989 112th Ave. NE
Serving up eclectic cocktails and juicy burgers since 2011, Lunchbox Lab first started in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood before expanding to locations including Bellevue, Green Lake, Redmond and Gig Harbor. Sporting old school vibes complete with ’80s video games and vibrant decor, there’s plenty to do, see and eat over at the Lunchbox Lab. With a daily happy hour from 3pm-6pm and 9pm until closing time, as well as a kids eat free special each Wednesday from 5pm until close, this is the perfect spot to bring the whole family. Their one-of-a-kind burgers range in flavor, where you’re given the opportunity to include add-ons and create the perfect bite. Some of their burgers include:
- OG Tear Jerker – American Kobe beef patty with pepper jack cheese, grilled onions and jalapenos, topped with Satan’s Tears Ketchup and habanero mayo.
- Mack Daddy ‘Merican – Two all beef patties, Billion Island sauce, lettuce, tomato, American cheese, pickles and onions served on an organic bun.
- The Smoker – American Kobe beef patty served with smoked Gouda, bacon, grilled onions and Smoker Sauce.
- Bahn, James Bahn – Duck and Pork patty finished with pickled carrots, cucumber, daikon, fresh cilantro and sweet chili mayo.
We could continue, but you get the idea. Enjoy your burger with a lunchbox cocktail, specialty shake or boozie shake, where you can choose from flavors such as the Cinnamon Toast Crunk or the Drunken Elvis, which combines vanilla ice cream, graham cracker, peanut butter and banana before its finished with Malibu banana, pinnacle-whipped vodka and Irish cream. Trust us when we say you won’t want to miss out on this place.
12700 SE 38th St.
Home to the Japanese deep-fried burger, Katsu Burger present unique takes on an all-American classic. Here, each burger is handmade and seasoned with miso before being breaded and fried for your enjoyment. Each patty is 100 percent grass-fed beef, and the sauces are made in-house daily to ensure quality and freshness. While each burger comes with pickles, red onion, tomato and shredded cabbage, feel free to customize your meal to create the perfect burger. Menu items include:
- Tokyo Classic – Grass-fed beed Katsu, tonkatsu sauce and Japanese mayo.
- Ninja Deluxe – crispy pork loin Katsu, topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, tonkatsu sauce and Japanese mayo.
- Miso Honey Tofu – Organic Miso marinated crispy tofue, finished with Miso Honey mustard and all the fixin’s.
- Teriyaki Chicken – Natural chicken breast topped with sweet pineapple, Teriyaki sauce and Japanese mayo.
For side options, choose from a variety of delicious fries, as well as seaweed salad or Korokke, a Japanese deep-friend croquette with potatoes and vegetables. Come on in to enjoy a burger, or order online and take it back to your apartment.
10606 NE Northup Way
For more than 60 years, Burgermaster has been serving up great pairings of burgers and fries in the Seattle area. A family-owned business, Burgermaster has since expanded to six various locations throughout the region, and prides itself on high-quality options with grass-fed beef in all of their hamburgers. The menu is strictly traditional, so you won’t be finding anything too out of the ordinary. Sometimes, though, the best food comes simple and straight up. Check out some of their menu options below:
- Burgermaster – Ground-beef patty with American cheese, tomato, lettuce and relish on a toasted bun.
- Burgermelt – Two ground-beef patties, two slices of cheese, ketchup and mustard on a toasted bun.
- Chickenmaster – A quarter-pound grilled chicken breast on a toasted bun, with lettuce, tomato and mayo.
For those of you looking for the best of both worlds, Burgermaster also offers combos, where you can pair your favorite burger with a thick and tasty milkshake. Flavors include your classic chocolate, vanilla and strawberry varieties, as well as more adventurous flavors such as pineapple, mint and pumpkin. If you’re still hungry (don’t worry, we aren’t judging), enjoy a chocolate chip cookie or slice of hot apple pie for dessert. Yum!