Recycling your old and used electronics can be a drag. Especially if you’ve got an old laptop or stack of phones you’ve been lugging from apartment to apartment over the years. While throwing these items in the trash will certainly rid them from the bottom of your closet, this method of disposal is less than ideal.
For starters, all that plastic and electronic hardware is going to take a long time to degrade. Like, on the order of thousands of years. Then, there’s all the toxic stuff inside. Chemicals from the battery could leak into the soil and groundwater, and even the air if its burned. The best way to deal with these items is to simply recycle them. What can be salvaged will be put to another use, and what can’t will see a proper disposal that ensures minimal impact.
To commemorate Earth Day, AMLI is holding a nationwide recycling drive at nearly all of its apartment communities. Hopefully, this will make things easier for you. Recycle your old, unused electronics at your leasing office from Monday, April 15 to Sunday, April 21. For each item you recycle, you’ll get an entry into a raffle to win a 50-inch smart TV provided by CORT Furniture. One (1) TV will be given away in each of AMLI’s nine regions across the country. Find the complete list of regions in the drop-down menu on the AMLI.com homepage.
Winners will be announced on Monday, April 29.
Got questions? Ask your on-site leasing staff and they’ll guide you through the process. For a complete list of contest rules and a list of accepted items, see below.
If you’re unable to recycle electronics at this time, here’s a complete list of.
AMLI MANAGEMENT COMPANY
“National Electronics Recycling Drive” Promotion Official Rules
AMLI Management Company (“AMLI” or “Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the “AMLI National Electronics Recycling Drive” promotion which begins at 10:00am (CST) on April 15th, 2019, and ends at 5:00pm (CST) on April 21st, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To Enter: You may enter to win the “AMLI National Electronics Recycling Drive” promotion by donating one of the following electronics items to be recycled at any AMLI Community during normal office hours. Office hours may change resulting in unexpected closures and the contest duration will not change nor will this affect the .
- Cordless phones
- Digital cameras/ Camcorders
- Flash drives
- Gaming consoles/handhelds
- iPod®/MP3 players
- Mobile phones
- Tablets/ eReaders
- Video streaming devices (Apple TV®, Roku Player, etc.)
Each item that is donated from this list will receive one (1) entry into the regional sweepstakes. Only items on this list qualify for an entry form. Each item will generate one entry form. Items with multiple parts will count as one item. By example, if a phone is donated and broken in two pieces it will count as one item. Likewise, a camera and the battery to the camera will count as one item. To enter, you must print full name and phone number on each entry form.
- Eligibility:To be eligible to participate in the promotion, entrants must be a legal U.S. resident (excl. Puerto Rico) and be at least 18 years old [residing in or willing reside at an AMLI Community in The United States of America. The winner must meet the rental criteria for residing at an AMLI .] The winner must present valid proof of age to claim the prize. Proof of age shall consist solely of a government-issued photo I.D. that conclusively establishes the winner’s age (i.e., valid driver’s license or passport). What constitutes valid proof shall be at the sole discretion of AMLI. Employees of any companies comprising AMLI, including any subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this promotion, their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- The Prize: One (1) grand prize consisting of a 50-inch TV provided by CORT Furniture TV will be awarded in each of AMLI’s nine regions, for a total of nine (9) prizes. The AMLI regions are as follows:
- Austin, Texas and the Greater Austin Areas (Excluding Dallas and Houston)
- Dallas, Texas and the Greater Dallas Area (Excluding the Austin and Houston regions)
- Houston, Texas and the Greater Houston Area (Excluding Austin and Dallas)
- The State of Georgia
- The State of Florida
- The State of Washington
- The State of Illinois
- The State of Colorado
- The State of California
- One winner will be randomly selected per region. The winner will be notified via a Facebook post on or about 3:00pm CT on April 29, 2019. Every participating AMLI community page in the region will announce the winner. For example, if John Smith wins in Florida, all Florida AMLI Communities will announce that John Smith is the Florida region-wide winner. Winners will also be called and/or emailed and notified of their win. The winner is required to email the AMLI community at which he/she lives by Sunday, May 5 at 5:00pm CT to coordinate receipt of the prize or the prize is forfeited and a new winner will be selected. The prize must be claimed at the AMLI Community Leasing Office at which the winner lives during designated Leasing Office hours within one week of the arrival of the prize to the Leasing Office.
If the prize is declined or otherwise not claimed by the deadline, then the prize is forfeited and a new winner will be chosen. The back-up winner for the region must comply with the same rules noted above. If the prize is not claimed by the back-up winner, the prize will be forfeited and there will be no winner in that region. Odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of valid entries received during the Promotion Period. By participating, entrants release AMLI, promotional/advertising agencies and their affiliates, employees, officers, and directors from and against any claim and/or action arising from the sweepstakes or prize.
- Rights & Ownership: Entry into the contest constitutes the winner’s consent to AMLI’s and its designees’ use of the winner’s name and likeness for advertising or promotional purpose, without compensation, unless prohibited by law, including, but not limited to, publishing all submissions via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, AMLI.com and the AMLI blog at amli.com/blog.
- By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges which are final and binding in all respects, including any right to claim ambiguity in this promotion or these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws apply and this promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by such laws, including, but not limited to, jurisdictions with laws that would require registration, disclosure, filing, trust account, posting of a bond or any other requirements that are not satisfied by these terms and conditions. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this promotion will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Each participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless AMLI and its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to any person, including death, and property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest. In no event will the Indemnified Parties be responsible for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your participation in the contest.
- Internet:Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Game, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Internet portion of the Game and to award all remaining prizes via valid Internet entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor and all valid mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Confidentiality:For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at.