The Information We May Collect
1. Traffic Data
We automatically track and collect general log information when you visit the Websites, including but not limited to your IP address, domain server, operating system, and type of web browser as well as the pages you visit (“Traffic Data”). Traffic Data may or may not personally identify you and is helpful for marketing purposes and for improving your experience on the Websites. We use the Traffic Data to report aggregated activity on the Websites and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of the Websites. It helps us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to learn what information is of most and least interest;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to learn of any possible performance problems on the Websites.
We may collect Traffic Data through various methods including, but not limited to, cookies (which are text files sent to your web browser and stored on your hard disk, to enable us to provide you with a more individualized experience on the Websites and delivery of information), IP addresses, and transparent GIFs or pixel tags (which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of the Websites and our email communications). We may also use Traffic Data, including tracking cookies and retargeting marketing cookies, to provide you with AMLI-related advertising, including via our third-party advertising partners, and share with our analytics providers (as further described below).
2. Personal Information
You may provide us (or a third party on our behalf) with personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) when you use the Websites (e.g., when you sign up for an account, request a quote, complete a survey, fill out a lease application, request information or a service, sign up for a mailing list, sign up to receive AMLI text alerts, provide feedback, or apply for an employment listing) or provide us with such Personal Information offline (e.g., fill out a paper lease application offline). The types of Personal Information collected on the Websites may include, but are not limited to:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Social security number
- Responses to survey questions
- Responses to lease application questions
- Credit card number
- Employment history
- Bank account number
- Geo-location information
- Details about devices used to access our websites such as IP address, browser information, web-browsing history, device information, and operating system information. This is discussed further below.
- We may also collect information about the use of websites, mobile applications, social media presence, and internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, HTML5 localStorage, and other technologies. This is discussed further below.
In addition, if you sign up to receive AMLI text alerts, the types of Personal Information obtained from you in connection with AMLI’s text alerts service may include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile phone number
- Your carrier's name
- Date, time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide
Note your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data from your texts and messaging usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
We may use and/or disclose Personal Information for the following reasons:
- We may use your contact information, including your e-mail address and phone number, to communicate with you (e.g., to notify you of special offers or programs you might find of interest, to respond to your inquiries, comments and suggestions, and to contact you otherwise when necessary).
- We may share or use your Personal Information to process your lease application or employment application, including verifying statements made on your application (e.g., rental, credit and employment history), performing background and credit checks, reviewing your lease for renewal, and enforcing your lease obligations.
- We use the information you provide about someone else when forwarding a job listing to send that listing and to confirm delivery.
- We may use your contact information to provide order status and order tracking information.
- We may use the content of your submissions on the Website for promotional or marketing purposes.
- We may use and share certain information (e.g., excluding name, address, email address or telephone number, but including but not limited to geo-location information and Traffic Data) and aggregate information to better design, operate and improve the Website and our services and to share with our advertising partners.
- If you choose to register or receive products or materials from us, or to otherwise give us Personal Information, we may store some or all of that Personal Information and use it for marketing research and marketing purposes.
- We may provide Personal Information to AMLI’s affiliates or third parties in connection with the business purposes of AMLI or the Websites, including, without limitation, to provide services to you.
- We reserve the right to share any Personal Information in the event of a criminal investigation or suspected illegal activity, or as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities, or to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property.
- We may share Personal Information in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of AMLI or the business associated with the Websites.
- We may share Personal Information for other business purposes of AMLI, such as with our Service Providers that assist us in processing your packages and mail, and with managing our properties.
Except with respect to collection of specific data required to determine unit occupancy within our online leasing process, we do not collect information on the Websites from those we know are under 13, and the registration page for the Websites requires visitors wishing to become Website registrants to be at least 18 years of age. No part of the Websites is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using the Websites, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Links to Third Party Websites
2. Locator Services
If you found us through a locator service, please be aware that locator services are independent contractors and are not our employees or agents, even though they may initially process rental applications and fill out lease forms. You should require any locator services you use to furnish you their own privacy policies.
Advertising and Opt-Out
Our third-party advertising partners may use certain information about your visits (e.g., excluding name, address, email address or telephone number, but including but not limited to geo-location information and Traffic Data) to this and other websites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices, in order to provide content and advertisements about AMLI to you across those various devices. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, please: (1) visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page (currently available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page (currently available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in browsers for ad serving purposes; and (2) download the Ghostery Ad Control application, available for iOS and Android, to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in mobile apps.
We provide services within United States. We do not provide services in the European Union. If you reside in the European Union and believe you have mistakenly entered information in our site and wish to have that data deleted, we will honor that request to the extent allowed by applicable law. Please forward any such request here: email@example.com.
We use reasonable security safeguards to protect the Personal Information that we collect from unauthorized access. However, due to the design of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. While no one can guarantee against identity theft or the misuse of personal information, protecting the information you provide us is a high priority to our company and staff. If you ever have concerns about this issue, please feel free to share them with us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
California residents have certain rights with respect to their personal information, as described below. We are required by law to verify your identity in connection with any request in order to prevent unauthorized access of your data. This may require you to provide an answer to one or more challenge questions. Please note that your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g., the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g., the maintenance of legal privilege). We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Requests to exercise these rights may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we reject your request and notify you of the reasons we are unable to honor your request.
- Right to Know and Access Information: You may access information we maintain about you using the methods provided below. If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business. This may include what personal information we collect, use, or disclose about you. We may not fulfill some or all of your request to access as permitted by applicable law.
- Deletion of Information: You may request that we delete your personal information. Depending on the scope of your request, we may refrain from granting your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, we may be legally required to retain your information in our business records. You may submit a deletion request using the methods provided below.
- “Do Not Sell:” We do not sell your personal information, including as defined by California law.
- Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you, in terms of price or services that we offer, if you submit one of the requests listed above.
California residents may use an authorized agent on their behalf to exercise a privacy right discussed above. If you are an authorized agent acting on behalf of a California resident to communicate with us or to exercise a privacy right discussed above, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the requisite authorization to act on behalf of the resident and have sufficient access to their laptop, desktop, or mobile device to exercise these rights digitally. If you are an authorized agent trying to exercise rights on behalf of an AMLI user, please contact us at the contact information below with supporting verification information, which includes a valid Power of Attorney in the State of California, proof that you have access to the consumer’s interface, and proof of your own identify.
To Exercise Rights:
- TOLL-FREE NUMBER: 833-756-0354
- EMAIL: CaliforniaPrivacy@amli.com
ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Do Not Track Disclosures
When you visit the Websites, our third-party advertising partners, social media providers (e.g., Facebook, Pinterest) and analytics providers (e.g., Google Analytics) may collect information about your online activity on the Websites and on third-party websites. These providers may set web tracking tools (e.g., cookies and web beacons) to collect non-personally identifiable information regarding your online activity (e.g., Traffic Data). In addition, our advertising partners may use this information to deliver advertisements to you when you visit third-party websites within their networks. Please see the “Advertising” section above for more information, including how to opt-out.
Your Choice to Share Information
If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes or would like to update your Personal Information, please contact us through the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
When you provide Personal Information to us through the Websites, you are consenting to receive email from us, which may include, but is not limited to, password requests, information relating to your leasing or employment application, and information you request. In addition, you may receive commercial email messages from us, including marketing announcements or new job opportunities. If you do not wish to receive future commercial email messages from us, you may opt out of receiving such commercial email messages by following the link and instructions provided to you in such email messages. This opt out applies to commercial email messages only. If you are an AMLI resident, you consent to receive and we may still send you email regarding operational matters pertaining to your apartment, the AMLI community in which your apartment is located or your lease with us. If you are a leasing or employment applicant, you consent to receive, and we may still send you email regarding your application process.
How To Contact Us