The leaves are changing and the weather is cooling down, in some parts of the country at least. This typically means…the holidays are right around the corner! If you’ve looked at an event calendar for your city, we’re sure you’ve already seen the all the fun events happening this month. We’re here to help you pick the best ones.
Check out your region below to see the must-dos for the month of November.
- Taste over 500 wines at 70 tables, sample delicious food from Decatur-area restaurants, and enjoy live music at the Decatur Wine Festival November 7, 2015 on the square in Downtown Decatur.
- The annual Garden Lights, Holiday Nights is back and features spectacular light displays throughout the Atlanta Botanic Gardens starting November 14, 2015. Explore the Tunnel of Light and favorites such as the Glittering Galaxy, Radiant Rain Forest, and model trains.
- Get into the holiday spirit at the Lighting of Atlantic Station November 21, 2015 at, you guessed it, Atlantic Station! Enjoy fun activities and music, and end the day with the lighting of the Christmas tree in Central Park.
- Sample barbecue from the best purveyors of smoked meats Texas has to offer, and enjoy music and cold beer at the Texas Monthly BBQ Festival November 1, 2015 at the City Terrace at the Long Center.
- Enjoy three days of live music at the Annual Fun Fun Fun Fest, which takes place November 6 to 8, 2015 at Auditorium Shores. This year’s lineup includes Judas Priest, Nas, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, and many more.
- Shop the Blue Genie Art Bazaar at the Marchesa Hall & Theatre starting November 27, 2015. Find handmade artwork and gifts from over 200 local and regional artists. A portion of proceeds goes to Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Join fellow whiskey lovers at the River North Whiskey Festival and taste a variety of whiskey, bourbon, and scotch on November 7, 2015 at John Barleycorn and Moe’s Cantina in River North.
- There are so many ways to get into the holiday spirit in the Windy City! Beginning with ZooLights on November 27 at Lincoln Park Zoo where you can enjoy luminous displays and holiday season activities.
- Take the kids to Wonderland Express at the Chicago Botanic Gardens starting November 27, 2015 and enjoy caroling, ice sculpting, a holiday market, and more. You can’t miss a full day of holiday celebration at the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival on November 21, 2015. There’s concerts, family activities, and of course, the Tree-Lighting Parade marshaled by Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- Before you feast on your Thanksgiving meal, head to the 38th Annual Turkey Day Run Chicago on November 26, 2015. Join runners, joggers, and walkers for some fun and to support the Greater Chicago food depository. If you can’t make it to Turkey Day Run, you can always work off all that stuffing and pie at the Grant Park Turkey Trot 5K on November 28, 2015.
- Sample craft beers from over 100 breweries and enjoy live music and food form Dallas’ most unique food providers at the Untapped Festival November 7, 2015 at Fair Park.
- Celebrate the season at Holiday at the Arboretum, featuring the return of 12 Days of Christmas outdoor exhibit starting November 8, 2015. Twelve gazebos encased in glass are filled with costumed characters, whimsical animals, and winter scenes made famous in the Christmas Carol. A 30-foot tree, holiday tea, Santa sightings, and special activities round out a visit to the Dallas Arboretum.
- Take care of your holiday shopping – or at least get it started – and enjoy the holiday spirit and lighting of the Sundance Square Christmas Tree at the Fort Worth Parade of Lights on November 22, 2015.
- The Denver Film Festival is coming to town November 4 through 15, 2015. Enjoy more than 250 blockbusters, documentaries, shorts, and indie films from over 40 countries at various locations throughout the city.
- Celebrate the city’s vibrant arts and culture scene at Denver Arts Week November 6 through 14, 2015.
- We know it’s a bit of a hike from your Denver or Broomfield apartment, but if tasting over 200 beers from 70 brewers sounds like a fun day to you, then head to the All Colorado Beer Festival in Colorado Springs at the Morgan Solutions Financial Expo Center on November 7, 2015. You can even make a weekend out of it by attending the Brewer Rendezvous at the Tilted Kilt on November 6, 2015.
- Celebrate Houston’s diversity at Celebrate Houston! Music & Arts Festival November 3, 2015 at the Tlaquepaque Market Plaza. Enjoy live music, artists and unique vendors, instrument workshops, beer, food and more.
- Zoo Lights returns to the Houston Zoo November 21, 2015. Enjoy the colorful light displays, festive holiday music, carolers, and hot chocolate. Warm up (and see the animals) at the Reptile House, Kipp Aquarium, Bug House, or Carruth Natural Encounters.
- Get a run, jog, or walk in before you eat all that turkey and stuffing at the annual Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.
- The Earshot Jazz Festival brings more than 50 concerts and events to the city of Seattle. Enjoy local and worldwide jazz greats through November 18, 2015.
- Get your run on before you eat all the turkey the morning of Thanksgiving day at Wattle Waddle (the Seattle Marathon) or Wittle Waddle (the Seattle Half Marathon). If you aren’t up to all that running, you can head to the Seattle Turkey Trot 5K. If Bellevue is closer, head to the Fifth Annual Beat the Bird 5K on Thanksgiving morning.
- Get into the holiday spirit this month with a number of festivals throughout Washington! Snowflake Lane in Bellevue features a 20-minute show of lights, music, falling snow, dancers, and drummers every night from November 27 through December 24, 2015. Enjoy WildLights, also known as Seattle Zoo Lights, starting November 27, 2015 and enjoy sparkling LED lights in animal shapes, visiting reindeer, and have a faux-snowball fight.
- Red Bull Sound Select is back for a second year. Enjoy 30 days of live music from over 60 artists featuring big-name talent and up-and-coming acts every night in November in venues throughout Los Angeles.
- Enjoy a fun-filled weekend visiting a variety of wineries at Sip and Savor Weekend Ventura Wine Tour November 7 and 8, 2015.
- Start your engines! This year’s Los Angeles Auto Show opens November 17, 2015 and will host 30 world premiers and 20 North American debuts at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Experience Miami’s live music and entertainment scene at Miami Live Month the entire month of November. Enjoy concerts, dance performances, comedy shows, poetry readings, and more throughout the city.
- The is back at a variety of venues throughout Fort Lauderdale November 5 through 9, 2015. Exhibits range from yacht builders and designers to exotic cars and brokerage yachts.
- Enjoy delicious food, wine, craft beer, celebrity chef dinners, movie screenings and so much more at the Seed Food & Wine Festival November 18 through 22, 2015 at venues throughout the city.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments.
Have an event you want featured in December? Email our editorial team.
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?