Fall has officially arrived. And with that comes some of our favorites: Apple cider, all things pumpkin, the changing leaves, and Halloween! If you’ve looked at an event calendar for your city, we’re sure you’ve already seen the multitude of fun things happening this fall. We’re here to help you pick the best ones.
Check out your region below to see the must-dos for the month of October.
- If you like beer, you’re in for a treat this month! See short films and sample over 20 varieties of beer at the Clips Beer & Film Tour at Fourth Ward Skatepark Field on October 2, 2015.
- Eat food, enjoy live music, and celebrate the many beer fests on October 3, 2015: Das Best Oktoberfest, Georgia Craft Beer Festival, and Alpharetta Brew Moon Octoberfest.
- Celebrate Halloween with beer, live music, and a costume contest at Boos and Brews at the Masquerade on October 31, 2015.
- Gear up for the 2015 Austin City Limits Music Festival the weekends of October 2 and 9, 2015 at Zilker Park. Enjoy live music, great food, an art market, a mini-fest for kids, and merchandise to bring home. There’s something for everyone.
- The third annual AustOberfest comes to town October 17, 2015 at Scholz Garten. Enjoy German-style food, beer, and live music. All proceeds benefit Foodways Texas.
- Celebrate the art of storytelling through film at the Austin Film Festival October 29 through November 5, 2015. With over 150 national and world premieres each year, the festival features everything from independent film making to highly anticipated Hollywood movies.
- Enjoy live music and feast on German food and beer at Oktoberfest in Naperville October 2 through 3, 2015 at Naper Settlement.
- If you enjoy movies, check out this year’s Chicago International Film Festival October 15 through 29, 2015 at AMC River East 21. The festival features over 100 short and full-length films from 50 countries, panel discussions, and an opening night gala.
- Sample over 250 wines at Wine Riot October 16 through 17, 2015 in the Great Hall at Union Station. If wine isn’t your thing, but beer is, head to The Chicago Beer Festival where you can sample fall seasonal beers on October 24, 2015 also at Union station.
- Celebrate Halloween at the Chicago Botanic Garden during HallowFest on October 24 and 25, 2015. Highlights include the Spooky Forest, a plant and pumpkin giveaway, fortune telling, face painting, riding the Howlin’ Express, and much more.
- The State Fair of Texas is back. Celebrate all things Texas in October, from butter sculptures to pig races to fried food and live music. There’s definitely something for everyone.
- Barbecue and a music fest? Yes please! Head to Smoked Dallas October 3, 2015 and enjoy barbecue from 10 world-class pitmasters and celebrated chefs. If you want to skip the delicious food, just head to the concert featuring Asleep at the Wheel, The Suffers, Bobby Patterson, and many more.
- Flying Saucer 10th Annual BeerFeast is back October 10, 2015 at Sundance Square in Ft. Worth. Take your pick of 80 craft beers from over 50 brewers, including some very rare and limited release brews on tap. Don’t forget to sample the delicious food that will be on hand.
- Head to the Pepsi Center on October 2 to 4, 2015 for the Rocky Mountain Oktoberfest. Featuring beers from the best breweries in the Rockies, over 20 Colorado favorites will be pouring tastes. While you’re there, check out the largest Cornhole tournament in the Rockies.
- Celebrate all that is fall at the Pumpkin Festival on October 9 through 11, 2015 at the Botanic Gardens. Select from a variety of pumpkins, check out the carving demonstrations, find your way through the mini-maze, and so much more.
- The Denver Botanic Gardens will light up the night with jack-o-lanterns and illuminated pathways to reveal a larger-than-life pumpkin display at Glow at the Gardens. Enjoy campfire stories, scavenger hunts, and fall-themed activities October 14 through 28, 2015.
- Celebrate the grand opening of Buffalo Bayou Park October 3, 2015. Enjoy walking tours, lectures, children’s crafts, delicious food, and live music.
- Bayou City Art Festival brings two days of over 350 of the finest artists and craftsmen in the world. Held in Downtown Houston on October 10 to 11, 2015, you can meet with exhibiting artists and enjoy fun, food, and entertainment.
- Head to the Arboretum and Nature Center October 24, 2015 for ArBOOretum. Play, learn, and enjoy Halloween festivities such as the trick-or-treat trail, hay rides through the forest, pumpkin decorating, and more.
- Sample 80 pumpkin beers at the Great Pumpkin Beer Fest October 2 and 3, 2015 at Elysian Brewing. A marching band, DJ, and food trucks will also be at the event.
- Seattle Restaurant Week kicks off October 18, 2015. Indulge in three-course meals from 170 participating restaurants throughout the city.
- If you’re in the mood to be spooked, check out KUBE 93FM’s Haunted House October 2 through November 1, 2015. They warn that it’s too intense for children under the age of 12. Do you dare to visit?
- Enjoy more treats than tricks at Boo at the Zoo at the Los Angeles Zoo the entire month of October. Go through the haunted caves, stroll through the pumpkin patch, and check out the jack-o-lantern carving demonstrations.
- Celebrate Halloween at Knott’s Spooky Farm every weekend in October. You’ll enjoy the Monster Masquerade Ball, Snoopy’s Costume Contest and Dance Party, a Spooky Hallow Maze, and more. If you want to up the scare factor, try Knotts Scary Farm for haunted attractions including 11 mazes, three Scare Zones, five Skeleton Key Rooms, and thousands of monsters lurking in the fog.
- Celebrate the harvest at Fall Festival on October 17 and 18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Farmer’s Market. Enjoy live music, crafts, a petting zoo, and pie-eating contest.
- Celebrate South Florida’s seafood creations at the South Beach Seafood Festival October 24, 2015. Enjoy seasonal selections from Miami’s top chefs and restaurants, live music, culinary and mixology demonstrations, and more. It’s fun for all ages.
- Dress up in masquerade for the Miami Broward Carnival October 11, 2015 at Miami-Dade County Fairgrounds. Celebrate the culture, traditions, and art heritages of the Caribbean.
- Enjoy the best of Fort Lauderdale at Dine Out Lauderdale happening now through October 12, 2015. Over 35 restaurants offer three-course dinner menus at 5.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments.
Have an event you want featured in November? Email our editorial team!
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?