Looking for what’s happening in February? Don’t worry, we have some recommendations! We found what’s happening near our residents in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, SoCal, and Southern Florida.
Have some fun in your city!
- Dust off your shoes and run about a mile in your bedroom best on Valentine’s Day weekend for the Cupid’s Undie Run! Festivities start at noon and supports the Children’s Tumor Foundation.
- Wicked is coming to Fox Theatre on February 18, 2015 as part of its national tour! If you haven’t seen this Broadway hit, now is the perfect time!
- If you want to catch a concert in Atlanta, there’s something for everyone. From Chris Brown,Trey Songz, Maroon 5, and Billy Joel at Philips Arena to Willie Nelson at the Tabernacle, there is bound to be a show you’ll want to catch in Atlanta this month.
- Special Olympics Texas – Winter Games are February 5 through 8, 2015. Opening ceremonies, Athlete Village, Victory Dance, Closing Cermonies as well as various clinics and demonstrations will round out the experience for attendees. AMLI Residential will also be volunteering on February 6, 2015.
- Beginning February 5, 2015 and going on through Valentine’s Day, stop by the Blue Starlite Drive-in for Valentines at The Drive-In Theater. It’s the perfect time of year to sit outside and enjoy a movie with your Valentine.On February 28, 2015 attend Carnaval Brasileiro, one of the biggest Brazilian carnaval celebrations outside of Brazil where you will experience samba, costumes, and wild abandon. Tickets are 8 in advance and 5 at the door.
- The eighth annual Chicago Restaurant Week takes place January 30 to February 12, 2015! For two weeks you can enjoy specialty prix fixe menus from over 250 restaurants throughout the city and surrounding suburbs. Get out there and taste the city’s culinary diversity from Italian to French to Spanish to Korean and everything in between.
- The kicked off in January, but you still have plenty of time to catch a show. The festival showcase musical styles that have evolved from bluegrass and blues. and goes through February 21, 2015. Check out the full lineup here.
- Naperville is hosting it’s second annual Winter Ale Fest on February 28, 2015 at Frontier Park. Over 130 craft beers from all over the country will be available to taste and attendees get a commemorative glass and program guide. The fest will also feature live music and food trucks.
- The 2015 DFW Winter Boat Expo kicks off boating season January 30 to February 8, 2015 at Dallas Market Hall. It will have more than 650 boat and watercraft models on display and available for purchase. And nearly 150 different vendors will have booths.
- If you enjoy flowers, or just want a taste of spring, head to Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum February 28 through April 12, 2015 for the largest floral festival in the Southwest. It features more than 500,000 spring blooming bulbs, entertainment, food, and special activities.
- Learn from the chefs at the Dallas Farmers Market’s AIWF Cooking Classes. The February class schedule is up and features Samir Dhurandhar and Wil Larsen of Nick & Sam’s Steakhouse, Dotty Griffith, and Thomas Holt of Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
- The countdown is on for the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail/Beaver Creek, Colo.! The world’s best ski racers will return February 2 to 15, 2015 and showcase five men’s and five women’s individual races and the Nation’s team event featuring parallel Giant Slalom format.
- Grab your family and friends and head to Southwest Rink at Skyline Park in downtown Denver. Enjoy the rink while it’s still open daily (until February 16, 2015) and skating is free. Skate rentals are only or bring a donation of socks, gloves, or mittens in exchange for a free ice skate rental.
- More than 250 restaurants are taking part in this year’s Denver Restaurant Week! Beginning February 20, 2015 and going through March 1, 2015 this year’s event returned to the two-week format (instead of the split one-week format in 2014). Just like in Chicago, for two weeks you can enjoy specialty prix fixe menus throughout the city so get out there and taste all Denver has to offer!
- Catch a concert in Houston this month. Snoop Dogg, Demi Lovato, Tyga, and Maroon 5, just to name a few, are headed to a venue near you.
- The 5K Dead Zombie Run is Sunday, February 15, 2015 at Sugar Land Memorial Park. What’s a zombie run? They vary, but in this 5K, runners get flags that represent their health, and the run is full of zombies trying to steal your flag! You have to make it to the finish line with at least one flag or become one of the walking dead. Plus, proceeds will benefit research on cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. So not only will you have a bit of fun, you’re also giving back.
- Do you like barbecue? Then don’t miss the World’s Championship Barbecue February 26 to 28, 2015! Over 250 teams will compete in a traditional Texas cook-off! Most tents are invitation only, but you can enjoy the Miller Lite Garden, Rockin Bar-B-Que Saloon, and Chuck Wagon where you can enjoy live music, DJ’s, and a complimentary chopped beef sandwich plate.
- Who can forget the Super Bowl bound Seattle Seahawks! Yes we know it’s not IN Seattle, but we know there will be plenty of parties and events happening in the city on Super Bowl Sunday. Seattle Post Intelligencer has a list of the top bars to check out that day. Or why not host your own party?!
- If you’re a beer and chocolate lover, head to the Seventh Annual Chocofest on February 8, 2015 in the Pike Brewery building. Enjoy live music and a lot of tastings! Tastings include local and imported beer, chocolate, wine, cider, mead, and spirits as well as artisan cheese, bread, desserts, oysters on the half shell, and other savory foods from some of Seattle’s top restaurants and hotels. Plus there’s live music and it benefits the Puget Soundkeeper Alliance.
- Taste and learn about wine, beer, spirits, and all things culinary from more than 200 vendors at the Seattle Food and Wine and Food Experience (SWFE) on February 22, 2015 at the Seattle Center.
- Stop by the Downtown Glendale Farmer’s Market for fresh baked breads, veggies, fruit, fish, and so much more. Located between Broadway and Wilson, the market is open every Thursday, rain or shine, from 9 AM to 1:30 PM.
- Rose Bowl Flea Market, held on the second Sunday of every month ( February 8, 2015 is the day!), hosts a mix of vendors selling everything from art to t-shirts to furniture and vintage clothes and accessories.
- Looking for some new art for your apartment? Stop by the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk every second Thursday of every month. The next art walk is February 12, 2015 and typically starts at noon and goes to 10 PM. They typically take place on Spring and Main St. between 2nd and 9th St. But there are special events that take place all over the downtown area.
- Sunrise, Fla.’s free outdoor concert series returned this year. Enjoy five evenings of top tribute bands and food truck fare at Tunes ‘N Trucks Concert Series. Each event starts at 6 PM at the Sunrise Civic Center Ampitheater. This month, Across the Universe, a tribute to the Beatles, will grace the stage on February 20, 2015.
- Over 100 new and used boats will be on display and for sale at this year’s Palm Beach Marine Flea Market and Outdoor Boat Show on February 28 through Marck 1, 2015 at South Florida’s Fiargrounds. The nautical flea market will also have antique collectibles and maps, marine artifacts, boating apparel, diving equipment and more for sale.
- Basketball and hockey are still in full swing! Go ahead and root for your team and catch a Florida Panther or Miami Heat game this month.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments! Have an event you want featured in March? Email our editorial team!
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?