Can you believe June is right around the corner? The official start to summer is almost here! With that comes not only warmer weather, but what I like to call, festival season! With so many things happening, it’s tough to choose what to do. But don’t stress, we’re here to point you in the right direction so you can have a fabulous time in your city.
Check out some of the things to do in your area and make the most of June!
- Eat, drink, and learn in Midtown Atlanta at the June 2 to 5, 2016. Whether you just want to enjoy some delicious food and drinks, or want to take a class, there’s something for every foodie at the event.
- Head to Historic 4th Ward Park on June 18, 2016 for the Atlanta Summer Beer Fest. Choose from over 200 beer samples from local Atlanta breweries and enjoy live music from 4 to 9 PM.
- If beer isn’t your thing, head to the Old Fourth Ward Park Arts Festival June 25 to 26, 2016. Celebrate the community and its history, check out fine arts and crafts, enjoy live music, and eat delicious, local food. Bring the kids along and take them to the children’s play area for some fun.
- Kick back under the starts for the fourteenth season of Concerts in the Garden on the Great Lawn in Atlanta. The next concert is June 25, 2016 at 8 PM.
- X Games Austin comes to the Circuit of Americas one last time June 2 to 5, 2016. The festival brings world-class action sports competition, live music, food, six interactive festival villages, and more. A Women’s Skate Park event will also be hosted for the first time in the U.S.
- Enjoy beer and grilled cheese? Then the TX German Bier & Kase Festival is for you. Head to the Austin Saengerrunde on June 4, 2016 and taste beer from over 12 local breweries and 15 local restaurants serving grilled cheese. Live music and bowling are also on tap, no pun intended.
- Keep Austin Weird fest and 5K is back June 25, 2016. Head to Veteran’s Pocket Park and American Legion Grounds to celebrate Austin with live music, great food, and the things that, well, keep Austin weird.
- So many things to do! If art is your thing, check out the Deerfield Festival of Fine Arts on June 4 and 5, 2016 on Park Avenue. Or you can head to Custer Fair on Main Street and Chicago Avenue in Evanston on June 18 and 19, 2016.
- Love live music? There’s plenty of that in Chicago. A few standouts include Jazzin’ at the Shedd held every Wednesday at the Shedd Aquarium beginning June 22, 2016; Chicago Blues Festival at Grant Park June 10 through 12, 2016; and Ravinia Festival kicks off June 2, 2016 with Concert Dance Inc.
- There are festivals galore in Chicago every summer! A few of our favorites include Two Brothers Summer Festival on June 3 and 4, 2016 at Riveredge Park; Chicago Ale Fest on June 17 and 18, 2016 at Buckingham Fountain; and Printers Row Lit Fest on June 11 and 12, 2016 at Historic Printers Row on Dearborn Street between Congress Parkway and Polk Street.
- Taste of Dallas is celebrating 30 years of food, art, music, and family June 3 through 5, 2016 at Fair Park.
- Canal Fest is back June 11, 2016 at Las Colinas Urban Center. Enjoy fun, food, music, and culture along Mandalay Canal.
- Best Little Brewfest in Texas is back for another year of beer, food, music, and fun on June 18, 2016 in Old Town Lewisville.
- Head to Larimer Square on June 4 and 5, 2016 for the Denver Chalk Art Festival as over 200 artists turn the streets of Larimer Square into a museum of chalk art.
- There’s something for everyone at the LoHi Music Festival. Head to Lower Highlands on June 11, 2016 for some live music and fun.
- Taste the best tacos Denver has to offer at the Denver Taco Festival on June 25 and 26, 2016. Also on the docket is live music, Lucha Libre wrestling, and live games.
- Enjoy two days of music at Free Press Summer Festival. The festival hits Eleanor Tinsley Park on June 4 and 5, 2016.
- Celebrate carnival from Caribbean, Brazil, and New Orleans Mardi Gras at Carnival Houston on June 11, 2016 in downtown Houston. Enjoy live music, food, a costume parade, carnival rides, limbo contest, and performances.
- Comicpalooza is back June 17 through 19, 2016 at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Featured guests include the cast of the 1986 film “Aliens” among other stellar talent. Enjoy performances, art shows, writers’ conferences, and more.
- Love music and being outdoors? Head to the Bellevue Jazz & Blues Festival to catch top national and regional jazz musicians June 1 through 5, 2016. If you’re not into jazz, check out who’s coming to Concerts at the Locks as you sit on the lawn at beautiful Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard.
- Another kickoff to summer music festivals, the Solstace Music Festival returns June 17 through 19, 2016, and the epic Parade takes place on June 18 in downtown Freemont.
- Sample beers from over 400 Washington breweries at the Washington Brewers Festival June 17 through 19, 2016 at Marymoor Park. Enjoy live music, food trucks, and a kids’ area.
- Taste gourmet food and drink special beverages at the 23rd Annual Casa Pacifica Food & Wine Festival June 5, 2016 at California State University Channel Islands. Enjoy samples from fine restaurants, caterers, and bakeries from Santa Barbara to Conejo Valley, live music, and a silent auction.
- Enjoy one day of music at 30 different venues from 150 performers on June 11, 2016 at Make Music Pasadena in downtown Pasadena.
- Enjoy live music, a family movie, and time to wine and dine with local food trucks, breweries, and wineries at the Camarillo Ranch #TBR Food Truck Festival June 30, 2016 at Camarillo Ranch Foundation.
- The ninth annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week kicks off June 2, 2016. Taste your way through Coral Gables with prix-fixed menus at a discounted price.
- The Fourth Annual Island Paws Rescue Golf Tournament comes to Pompano Beach Municipal Golf Course June 4, 2016. Enjoy a day of golf, contests, raffles, and an after party at Galuppi’s.
- Enjoy the South Florida Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry June 17, 2016. Revel in gourmet food from top chefs, wine, and live entertainment at Soho Studios.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments.
Have an event you want featured in July? Email our editorial team.
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?