The time of year for concerts in parks and other outdoor venues is here, and the Free Press Summer Festival is just around the corner. If you’re free this weekend and are particularly fond of Zedd, Vampire Weekend, or Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, then Eleanor Tinsley Park in Downtown Houston’s Fourth Ward is where you need to be. For a rundown of what you can expect, just keep reading.
The reaction in Houston when Free Press Summer Fest announced its 2014 lineup was overwhelmingly positive. Stoking rock lovers was the news that Jack White and Vampire Weekend would play. Pleasing folk music fans was the announcement that Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes would take the stage. Indie and alternative rock fans have a lot to be excited about with Deftones, Washed Out, tUnE-yArDs, and the Drive-by Truckers all set to take the stage. And more than just R&B enthusiasts are looking forward to appreciating Lauryn Hill’s mesmerizing voice.
A lush, green space in the middle of the concrete jungle of Houston, Eleanor Tinsley Park is a popular concert venue. Residents of AMLI Memorial Heights can realistically refer to Eleanor Tinsley Park as their backyard. If you enjoy reading or exercising at the park but haven’t had the opportunity to see the “big bowl” transformed into a live music hall, try to attend a concert at the park before long. Bud Light loves the venue so much, they donated million to construct an amphitheater in the park. The Bud Light Amphitheater was just completed this spring, and Free Press passholders will be among the first music lovers to experience it.
Three Types of Passes
Those interested in attending the festival have three pass options:
- A general admission pass which gives the pass holder access to all of the shows.
- The Fancy Pants pass which offers the additional benefits of rapid entry (no lines!), as well as access to a private bar, viewing areas, and an air-conditioned tent that will be a nice reprieve from the heat.
- Or the Silk Pajamas pass which adds premium viewing areas with express access to three stages, complimentary beverages, food, and a swag bag with an exclusive 2014 Silk Pajamas t-shirt.
AMLI Loves Free Press Photo Contest
Share your best Free Press 2014 photo with us for a chance to win a 00 Visa gift card. To enter:
- Follow AMLIapts on Instagram
- Take a photo of your favorite part of Free Press and share it via Instagram and tag it with the hashtag #AMLILovesFPSF.
We will announce a winner on or about June 2, 2014! You can find “AMLI Loves FPSP” promotion official rules here.
All the action of this year’s Houston Free Press Summer Fest is taking place within walking distance of AMLI Memorial Heights, AMLI City Vista and AMLI River Oaks. If you like the performers in the lineup and don’t already have plans for next weekend, get out there and Live Life + Love Life by attending this highly anticipated music festival!
Have you attended Free Press Summer Fest in the past? How was your experience?
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?