Spring is most definitely in the air! With the weather warming up and summer right around the corner, it’s time we start enjoying more outdoors.
We found a few things to do for our residents in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, SoCal, and Southern Florida.
Have some fun in your city!
- Celebrate Atlanta’s local breweries at Hogs and Hops on April 11, 2015 at Masquerade Music Park. Enjoy beer from craft breweries, live music, and delicious food.
- Take a run, then head out on a bar crawl at the Run Before You Crawl 5K and Pub Crawl, which takes place in and around the Grant Park neighborhood on April 11, 2015.
- Head to SweetWater 420 Festival for a weekend of music, entertainment, beer, and an all around good time. The weekend-long event is jam-packed with live music on three stages, a comedy tent, local artist market, and a unique variety of craft beer samples. It hits Centennial Olympic Park April 17 through 19, 2015.
- The Austin Reggae Festival is returning to the Auditorium Shores on April 17, 2015. The event is a fundraiser for the Capital Area Food Bank and features three days of reggae music talent, delicious food, and unique arts and crafts.
- Untapped Festival is coming to Carson Creek Ranch on April 18, 2015. Enjoy craft beer from over 65 breweries and live music from over eight performers including Manchester Orchestra, Phosphorescent, Black Joe Lewis, Jean Grae, Bearh Hands, In the Valley Below, and others.
- Indulge in artisanal food, wine, beer, and spirits from hundreds of purveyors; attend demos and tasting sessions with experts, mingle with chefs, or fire up a grill with the pros; enjoy live music; and get ready to party into the night at the Austin Food and Wine Festival. The festival takes place April 24 through 26 at Auditorium Shores and Republic Square Park.
- April means baseball season has officially started! The Chicago Cubs open the 2015 season at home on April 5, 2015 against arch rivals, the St. Louis Cardinals. And the Chicago White Sox kick off the season on the road, but open at home on April 1-0, 2015 against the Minnesota Twins.
- Enjoy brilliant bacon dishes concocted by Chicago’s best chefs, cocktails, beer, and wine at Baconfest Chicago. Choose from three different sessions held at the UIC Forum on April 17 and 18, 2015.
- The Chicago Improv Festival is back and spans one week (April 20 to 26, 2015) and multiple venues throughout the city. Stay tuned for the official schedule, tickets, and more information to be released on the highly anticipated annual festival.
- Head to the Fort Worth Arts Festival April 9 through 12, 2015 in Downtown Fort Worth. The festival is more than just art. There are street performers, live music, delicious food, and kids’ activities. Basically something for everyone!
- Head to The Ballpark at Arlington to catch the Texas Rangers opening day on April 10, 2015 against the Houston Astros. Get tickets before they sell out!
- The fourth annual Big Texas Beer Fest, Dallas’ original beer festival, is April 11, 2015! Head to the Fiar Park Automobile Building to taste hundreds of craft beers, enjoy food from the many food trucks or artisanal food vendors, and listen to live music.
- The Colorado Rockies open their season on the road, but don’t miss the home opener April 10, 2015 against the Chicago Cubs!
- Over 38 car lines will display more than 500 vehicles at the Denver Auto Show coming to the Colorado Convention Center April 8 through 12, 2015.
- Seek out the architecture at Doors Open Denver on April 25 and 26, 2015. Explore Denver inside and out for free at participating sites, learn some history, and experience what’s on the horizon in design, architecture, and urban planning.
- Attracting more than 10,000 food and wine lovers annually, Sugar Land Wine & Food Affair is heading near you April 8 through 12, 2015. Full of events from wine and spirits seminars to the upscale Grand Tasting, there’s something for everyone to enjoy…just come hungry and thirsty!
- The Art Car Parade Weekend is back for the 28th year. Festivities start April 9, 2015 and the parade is on April 11, 2015. The entire weekend gives Houston a chance to show off it’s creative, energetic, and fun side.
- The Houston Barbecue Festival returns for a third year on April 26, 2015 at NRG Park. Celebrate what is unique about barbecue in Houston and taste great food from more than 90 of the city’s best barbecue joints.
- Seattle Mariners open their season at home against the Los Angeles Angels on April 6, 2015.
- Over 165 local restaurants will serve up three-course dinners for 0 at the 2015 Seattle Restaurant Week, which runs April 12 through 16 and 19 through 23, 2015.
- Taste handcrafted savory and sweet food, craft beer, wine, and more from over 70 local artisan food an drink purveyors at Arcade Lights Artisan Food, Craft Beer and Wine Festival on April 24, 2015 at Pikes Place Market. The entry fee includes 10 tokens redeemable for food, drinks, and a keepsake glass.
- The seventh annual is April 4, 2015 at the LA Center Studios. Choose from two sessions (noon to 3 PM or 5 PM to 8 PM) and enjoy over 200 beers, 15 food trucks, live music, and more.
- For baseball lovers, what better way to kick off the season than with a game. The start their season off on the road, but open the Angel Stadium of Anaheim on April 6, 2015 against the Kansas City Royals. The Los Angeles Dodgers open at home the same day against the San Diego Padres.
- Get ready for Coachella! The two weekend music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, Calif. is April 10 through 12, 2015 and again April 17 through 19, 2015. Enjoy music, games, food, and so much more.
- Yes, you guessed it…more baseball!! The Miami Marlins open their season at home against the Atlanta Braves on April 6, 2015.
- Enjoy live music ocean side at the Tortuga Music Festival. Held on the white sands of Fort Lauderdale Beach Park April 11 and 12, 2015, the fest also raises awareness about the issues impacting the world’s oceans and supports scientific research, education, and ocean conservation initiatives.
- Head to the West Palm Beach Arts and Entertainment District on April 29 through May 3, 2015 and enjoy Florida’s largest waterfront music art festival, SunFest.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments! Have an event you want featured in May? Email our editorial team!
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?