June is right around the corner and with it comes an overwhelming number of fun summertime things to do.
But don’t stress. We’re here to point you in the right direction so you don’t have to bother with anything less than awesome!
Check out your city or state below to see the must-dos for the month of June.
- Celebrate summer with beer, wine, and food at the Alpharetta Brew Moon Countryfest on June 6, 2015 on Milton Avenue. If beer isn’t your thing, head to the Food Truck Alley on June 11, 2015 in downtown Alpharetta on Old Roswell street and enjoy a variety of rotating food trucks and music each week.
- Help celebrate beer at this year’s Atlanta Summer Beer Festival. Held June 20, 2015 from 4 to 9PM, sample over 200 beers from local Atlanta breweries as well as those from all over the country, and enjoy live music at the Masquerade Music Park.
- Head to the newly completed Old Fourth Ward Park June 27 through 28, 2015 for the Old Fourth Ward Park Arts Festival. There’s something for everyone including fine arts and crafts, a children’s play area, local food, drinks, live music and a pavilion for new artists.
- X Games Austin kicks off June 4 through 7, 2015, but it’s more than just extreme sports at the Circuit of Americas. Headliners Pennywise, Metallica, and Nicki Minaj are also entertaining the crowds with free concerts.
- If you’re looking for a charming atmosphere, head to Vintage Market Days for some shopping, food, and music. The flea market comes to Dripping Springs Ranch Park and Event Center on June 5, 2015 from 10AM until 4PM.
- The Wine Down Series returns to ACL Live beginning June 16, 2015 from 5 to 7PM. The free summer concert series will be held on Tuesdays through August 25, 2015 and is emceed by KGSR. There will be giveaways from businesses around the 2ND Street District and the series benefits the Austin Music Foundation.
- Touted as the oldest outdoor music festival in the United States, Ravinia Music Festival kicks of June 13, 2015 and runs through September 12, 2015. Get tickets for one of many outdoor concerts and see musical performances by Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga, Ramsey Lewis, Chicago, Santana, Better than Ezra, and many more.
- Get a taste of Restaurant Row at the annual Taste of Randolph. From June 19 through 21, 2015, enjoy three days of delicious food, brilliant artisans, and diverse musical offerings.
- Enjoy over 40 wines and whiskeys, a pig roast, live music, and more at the Whiskey Wine and Swine. Held June 20, 2015 at Montrose Beach, treat yourself to the unique experience of a Windy City hog roast.
- The Dallas Farmers Market hosts Market After Dark starting June 4, 2015 at 6PM. Shop artisan food, sample beer and wine, taste treats from food trucks, and enjoy great music every Thursday. If you’re in Uptown, the Uptown Farmers Market at West Village hosts their own farmers market every Saturday from 8AM to noon and takes place at West Village in the South Alley.
- The Best Little Brewfest in Texas is back again on June 20, 2015, this time at Church and Mill in Lewisville, Texas. Enjoy live music from local bands, an auto show, art, food, and of course beer. This charitable event benefits Cloud 9 Charities.
- Head to Klyde Warren Park for Decks in the Park from 7 to 10:30PM the last Thursday of every month. Grab a blanket and some friends to soak in the city, enjoy music, get delicious eats from food trucks, and enjoy the gallery of visuals from local artists.
- Colorado’s new Pop-up Picnic is a summer-long series of farm-fresh, modern picnic celebrating locally-grown produce, and it’s heading to Broomfield Farmer’s Market on June 9, 2015. Enjoy classic picnic fare made with fresh produce from Colorado farmers; meet guest farmers, chefs, and agricultural experts; and get recipes and tips for local on-the-go meals.
- Opa! The Denver Greek Festival celebrates 50 years with traditional Greek dancing, food, and pastries at the Assumption Greek Orthodox Cathedral on June 19 through 21, 2015.
- Denver Botanic Garden kicks off its Summer Concert Series on June 16, 2015 at 6:30PM with Hot Rize and Aoife O’Donovan. Enjoy live music in a grass covered amphitheater with stunning views of the Colorado foothills.
- Free Press Summer Fest is back at Eleanor Tinsley Park June 6 through 7, 2015. The annual event features bands such as R. Kelly, Weezer, Chance the Rapper, The Decemberists, and many more. Enjoy two days of live music on six stages with downtown Houston as the backdrop.
- The Houston Beer Fest is coming to 900 Herman Square on June 13 through 14, 2015. Sample over 200 beers from noon to 4PM, enjoy live music on four different stages, stop by the featured brewery section, and partake in the 2015 Tournament of Champions.
- Take a bike ride through H-town and shop for locally sourced organic meats, handcrafted cheeses, local produce, and baked goods on the BCO Farmer’s Market Bike Ride on June 13, 2015. The morning will start off at 8AM with a coffee at Onion Creek, then you’ll cruise through markets to shop for goodies. It’s a 12- to 15-mile ride that lasts three hours so make sure to bring plenty of water and a backpack.
- The annual Free Summer Concerts and Event series at Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard already kicked off in May, but don’t worry…concerts take place every Saturday and Sunday through September 7, 2015 so mark your calendars!
- Raise your glasses on Father’s Day weekend and head to the tenth annual Washington Brewers Festival. Held June 19 through 21, 2015 at King County’s Marymoor Park, you can sample more than 400 beers from 105 Washington breweries or taste a variety of wine, cider, and food. Live music and all-ages activities are also included.
- Eastside Heritage Center’s Strawberry Festival in Bellevue has food, entertainment, an auto show, family fun and more. Head to Crossroads Park to celebrate strawberries on June 27 through 28, 2015.
- Concerts in the Park series starts June 6, 2015 at Constitution Park in Camarillo at 7:30PM with a celebration of Joni Mitchell. If music isn’t your thing, there’s Movies in the Park which debuts June 27, 2015.
- Celebrate the performing arts at the Hollywood Fringe Festival June 11 through 28, 2015. You can expect hundreds of productions presented by local, national, and international arts companies and independent performers at dozens of venues throughout Hollywood and Los Angeles.
- It might be a bit of a drive for some, but head to Doehney State Beach on June 27, 2015 to enjoy a few days in the sun for the Doheny Surf Festival. This free event is a celebration of all things surf and includes live music and a movie. All proceeds go to maintaining the Southern California State Park of Doehny.
- Celebrate Miami’s national and international film festivals and art cinemas this month during Miami Film Month. The event kicks off with the Tenth Annual Women’s International Film and Arts Festival (WIFF) June 2 through 7, 2015 at various theaters throughout Miami-Dade County.
- Starting June 4, 2015, enjoy interactive art, community events, water sports, laser light shows, and glowing games on the West Palm Beach waterfront at Summer in Paradise.
- Head to the Palm Beach Zoo on every second Saturday (starting on June 13, 2015) for Roar and Pour, a wild zoo party featuring live music, themed dinners, and tap takeovers each month through August. In June, a Beatles tribute band, Across the Universe, will be the musical guests and the Summer Grill will serve up bangers and mash and chipped beef sandwiches at 5:30PM.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Have an event you want featured in July? Share it in the comments!
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?