We hate to admit it, but with August looms the end of summer…already. It always goes by fast when you’re having so much fun! But that just means we need to make the most of this month, which is easy because it’s still “festival season” and there’s plenty to do.
Check out your region below to see the must-dos for the month of August.
- Atlanta’s top barbecue restaurants are serving up their specialties Aug. 14 and 15, 2015 at the Atlanta Bar-B-Q Festival. Enjoy delicious food and live music at the Special Event Area at Atlantic Station.
- The sixth annual Piedmont Park Arts Festival is coming to Piedmont Park Aug. 15 and 16, 2015. Featuring up to 250 artists, the festival also offers artist demonstrations, live music, and food.
- Enjoy live music and art Aug. 29 and 30, 2015 at the Imagine Music Festival at Historic Old Fourth Ward Park and Masquerade Music Park
- The Austin Ice Cream Festival is back Aug. 8, 2015 at Fiesta Gardens. Bring your friends, family, and even your dog to enjoy games, activities, contests, live entertainment, and of course, ice cream!
- If you love hot and spicy food, head to the 25th annual Austin Hot Sauce Festival on Aug. 23, 2015 at Fiesta Gardens.
- Celebrate the Austin Pride Festival Aug. 29, 2015 at Fiesta Gardens. Enjoy two entertainment areas showcasing live music and pop culture icons, games, photo booths, and food.
- Millennium Park once again presents outdoor movies as part of its Summer Film Series. Grab a seat at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion or enjoy the show from the lawn every Tuesday starting at 6:30 PM. In Aug., films include “Drumline,” “The Aviator,” “Dirty Dancing,” and “Mahogany.”
- If you like jazz, cocktails, the lake, and fireworks, head over to Jazzin’ at the Shedd every Wednesday beginning at 5 PM. Explore the aquarium’s Wild Reef, the marine mammals in the Abbott Oceanarium, and the amphibians at the special exhibit, Amphibians. Check out the website to view the jazz band lineup.
- Celebrate wine and food at the Naperville Wine Festival on Aug. 23 and 24, 2015 at Calamos Investments. Live music, a wide variety of wines to choose from and signature dishes from some of Naperville’s most popular restaurants will be available, as well as wine seminars and cooking demonstrations.
- Head to AMLI Campion Trail for Food Truck Tuesday at 5:30 PM. Every Tuesday a different food truck is featured. To find out who’s next, visit their Facebook page.
- Enjoy craft beer, eat great food, and listen to live music at Local Brews Local Grooves on Aug. 8, 2015. This all-day event takes place on multiple stages in multiple rooms: The Music Hall, Crossroads at House of Blues Dallas, Cambridge Room, and Foundation Room.
- Celebrate Texas music, food, and beer at the Lone Star Beer Texas Heritage Festival at Gilley’s on Aug. 22, 2015.
- The annual 2015 North Texas Fair and Rodeo heads to town Aug. 21 through 29, 2015 for nine days. Enjoy live concerts, horse and livestock shows, contests, cook-offs, food, and much more.
- If you want to see a laser light show, hear live music, and enjoy some great food, head to Centennial Under the Stars Aug. 8, 2015 at Centennial Center Park.
- High Plains Comedy Festival returns Aug. 20 through 22, 2015 at various venues throughout Denver’s Baker neighborhood. Headliner Anthony Jeselnik’s show will take place at the Paramount Theater in the heart of Downtown Denver.
- Riot Fest and Rodeo found a new home at the National Western Complex in Denver. Enjoy live music, carnival rides, pie eating contests, and more Aug. 28 through 30, 2015.
- Houston Restaurant Week kicks off Aug. 1, 2015. Indulge in food from participating restaurants with prix-fixed menus throughout the city.
- Run in your skivvies and raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and Undies for Everyone at the Hot Undies Run on Aug. 1, 2015. The two-mile pub run starts and ends at the Gorgeous Gael Irish Pub in Rice Village.
- The 17th Annual Rock the Dock Concerts is back every Thursday through Aug. on the Kemah Boardwalk. The free concert series features a variety of rock ‘n’ roll music and is held at the Event Plaza starting at 7 PM.
- Taste delicious entrees, desserts, snacks, wine, and more at the Taste of Main on Bellevue’s historic Main Street on Aug. 22, 2015.
- Eat, drink, and enjoy live music at the South Lake Union Block Party on Aug. 7, 2015 at Denny Way and Westlake Avenue North. Beyond music and food, there’s also a Fun Zone for kids of all ages and the Steamroller Smackdown, where teams of top designers print huge posters using a steamroller instead of a traditional printing press.
- Celebrate Nordic foods, lively entertainment, a Viking Encampment, and more at Viking Days Aug. 22 through 23, 2015 at the Nordic History Museum in Ballard.
- See some of the best comedic talent perform at the Burbank Comedy Festival Aug. 16 through 22, 2015 at Flapper’s Comedy Club and Flappers University. Celebrity performers include Adam Carolla, Tom Green, Kel Mitchell, and Mary Lynn Rajskub, among others.
- FYF Fest is back Aug. 22 and 23, 2015 at L.A. Sports Arena and Exposition Park in Los Angeles. The two-day festival is headlined by Morrissey and Frank Ocean. Other notable musical guests include D’Angelo & The Vanguard, The Jesus & Mary Chain, FKA twigs, Bloc Party, Dinosaur Jr., and more.
- The 2015 Wings Over Camarillo Air Show is back Aug. 22 and 23, 2015 at Camarillo Airport. Come and enjoy this family-friendly event featuring aerobatic, flying, and static displays.
- Fine food lovers won’t want to miss beginning Aug. 1, 2015 at select restaurants. For a low, fixed price (3 lunch, 9 dinner), patrons can enjoy three-course meals featuring signature dishes created by world-renowned chefs.
- Get your dance on at Mad Decent Block Party in Ft. Lauderdale Aug. 1, 2015 at Revolution Live. Diplo, Skrillex, Major Lazer are among a few of the headliners.
- Enjoy show cars, food, fresh seasonal produce, art, and crafts at the Car Show and Farmers Market on Aug. 30, 2015 at Pelican Community Park. The event is free and open to the public.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments.
Have an event you want featured in September? Email our editorial team!
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?