If you live in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, SoCal, or Southern Florida, here are some ways to have fun in your city.
- Are you super excited for the greenest holiday of the year? Thanks to the St. Patty’s Day Beer & Bites Tasting at Whole Foods Avalon in Alpharetta, Ga., you don’t even have to wait to celebrate in good fashion. The cooking demo takes place March 13, 2015 at 6:30 PM. By the time Luck of Avalon, Alpharetta’s big St. Patty’s Day celebration, rolls around on March 17, 2015 at 3 PM, you’ll be more than ready for it.
- Sample 100 beers, play carnival games, and enjoy some good food and music at Beer Carnival at Atlanta Station on March 21, 2015. If you want more than just beer, check out on March 28, 2015 where you can enjoy, well, bacon along with beer, music from local bands, and games at the Masquerade Park.
- Wrap up the month by attending one or more of the nearly 200 independent film screenings at the 2015 Atlanta Film Festival. The event takes places from March 20 to 29, 2015 primarily at the Plaza and 7 Stages theaters.
- South by Southwest (also known as SXSW), the interactive, film, and music festival where talent comes to get discovered, takes place throughout Austin from March 13 to 22, 2015. Visit the event website to plan out how to divvy up your time between awesome host venues like the Fader Fort and One World Theatre.
- Step into your cowboy boots and don your hat. The Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo will be in town from March 14 to 28, 2015. The Travis County Expo Center Event features professional rodeo performers, livestock, and, of course, live music.
- If you don’t get your fill of live music at SXSW, you might want to round off March at the Austin Urban Music Festival. Taking place at Auditorium Shores at Town Lake on March 27 and 28, 2015 is expected to draw a crowd of 20,000.
- Celebrate the coming of spring and support a good cause by taking the Chicago Polar Plunge at North Avenue Beach on March 1, 2015. Money raised will support Special Olympics Chicago.
- March is the unofficial shamrock month all over the country and Chicago is no exception. The Chicago River flows green at 9:30 AM on March 14, 2014 and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at noon, rain or shine. If that’s not your speed, check out one of the many St. Patrick’s Day bar crawls happening in a neighborhood near you.
- The Chicago Beer Festival returns to Union Station on March 21, 2015 where you can taste beer from dozens of domestic and international breweries. A ticket includes 40 tastings and you can choose from one of two sessions, 1PM to 4PM or 6PM to 9PM.
- Dust off your shoes and join one of the many walks or runs happening in Dallas this month. We recommend Walk for Wishes on March 28, 2015 which raises funds to grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions in North Texas. Or crash through the Wipeout Run, inspired by the TV show Wipeout!, on March 21, 2015. You can literally smash and splash your way through 12 larger than life obstacles such as the Big Balls, Sweeper, Wrecking Balls, and Happy Endings.
- Few things are as exciting to followers of pop culture as watching celebrities go head-to-head in trivia games and academic competitions, especially when the proceeds go to a good cause. You can do just that at the Reading Partners’ 3rd Annual Dallas Celebrity Spelling Bee at City Performance Hall on March 4, 2015. Daryl Johnston, Amy Havins, Mike Morath, Serita Jakes, and Wade Smith are all participating.
- The perennial classic is on the stage at the Collin Theatre Center. Musical theatre nuts will also want to check out at Theatre Three beginning March 12, 2015.
- Wear your green and start your St. Patrick’s celebration out right with Denver’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the city’s biggest annual parade, which begins at 9:30 AM on March 14, 2015.
- Looking to introduce some flair into your dance repertoire and get in touch with your inner passionista? The next Hot Night Fusion Dance tango lessons are scheduled to take place at the McNichols Center on March 20, 2015.
- Are you an avid DIYer who is always on the lookout for apartment decor projects? Visit the Denver Home Show at the National Western Complex between March 20 and 22, 2015.
- Shark Week is six months away, but you don’t have to wait that long to get your fix of shark education. You can get up close and personal at the Houston Museum of Natural Science’s Shark! Exhibit.
- The which runs March 3 to 22, 2015 at NRG Stadium, promises to be a lot of fun for anyone who enjoys rodeo, food, or music. This year’s performers include Miranda Lambert, Alan Jackson,Tim McGraw, Pitbull, Billy Currington, Dierks Bentley, Ariana Grande, The Band Perry, Brad Paisley, and Blake Shelton.
- Round up the troops for a day of exercise and fun at the FUNomental Family Festival on Saturday, March 7, 2015. The event includes a Baby Olympics, obstacle courses, and games for kids of all ages.
- February marked the one-year anniversary of the discovery of a mammoth task at AMLI South Lake Union. While LuLu’s tusk is still encased in plaster, visit the Burke Museum for Dino Day on March 7, 2015.
- Run, walk, or jog to celebrate the Irish and the arrival of spring on Sunday March 15, 2015 in the St. Patrick’s Day Dash. Then head to the giant beer garden and grab a refreshing drink when you’re done.
- Call it farm-to-fork. Call it vine-to-glass. Call it whatever you want. Western Washington is a region proud of its produce. Taste Washington, the largest regional food-and-wine festival in the nation, will highlight these opportunities from March 26 to 29, 2015.
- The L.A. Festival of Colors promises blasts of neon, upbeat music, and rejuvenating yoga. The event takes place on March 7, 2015 in Norwalk, Calif. Let the singing, dancing, and color throwing commence.
- Fresh produce, French breads, and artisan spreads abound at the Montrose Harvest Market. Check out this traditional farmers market on Sundays between 9 AM and 2 PM in historic Old Town in Glendale, Calif.
- Crazy about basketball? If you live in Southern California, you’re in luck. The West Regional Finals (“Sweet Sixteen” round) of this year’s NCAA tournament will be played at the Staples Center on March 26 and 28, 2015. Go insane at a March Madness game!
- Are you ready for St. Patrick’s Day? Fort Lauderdale’s Shamrock Run, held on March 14,2015, is a great way to get some exercise in before you start celebrating the holiday. Follow your efforts with ShamRock Fest, featuring bagpipers, step dancers, Irish fare, and more at Gazebo Park in Stuart.
- The 30th Annual Palm Beach International Boat Show is expected to be the largest and most exciting in the event’s three-decade-long history. Learn, play, and ogle at high-speed fishing boats and luxurious super-yachts between March 26 and 29, 2015.
- This year marks the tenth anniversary of Miramar’s Jazz in the Gardens music festival. The festivities kick off with a Women’s Impact conference and luncheon at the Miramar Cultural Center on March 20, 2015.
No matter the weather, you can get out and about for some food food, cultural enrichment, recreation, or just plain fun this month at one of these events.
Have an event you’re attending this month? Share it in the comments! Have an event you want featured in April? Email our editorial team!
Like what you just read? Why not subscribe to the AMLI Blog so you don’t miss another post?